• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anolis getting ready for bed

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Connie noticed a seed pod remaining from one of the white lilies that we have down near the entrance of our drive way and actually grabbed it (she wanted to disperse the seeds) before noticing that there was a little anole inside, apparently getting ready to bed down for the night. This is likely an excellent place for him, since it is at the end of a long thin stalk, so he probably feels safe from predators there. He just tucks down into one of the sections and feels just as snug as a bug in a rug. So I HAD to go get the camera, hoping he would still be there after being disturbed by us. Luckily, he must have felt that this was way too nice of a sleeping spot to give up on easily just from being disturbed by the thoughtless humans.

anole_2018_01.jpg

anole_2018_02.jpg

anole_2018_03.jpg

These pics were taken with my new Nikon D850 camera with the Nikkor 105mm Micro lens and bracket side mounted flashes.

Your pictures are awesome. Maybe you should think about having them printed and exhibited somewhere. I always had anoles as a kid, except back then the green anoles were called chameleons in the pet shops. I planted Crown of Thorns all around my yard to provide protection for the anoles. Of course, that doesn't stop the black racers from slithering through them. Hopefully it will slow them down.

Back