View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #93
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I like the mixing of hypo-types, as well as other lighter morphs, for the same reason. 4+ gene mutants is one of my higher priorities with many of my projects, though I think once you get too far in, you just end up producing a bunch of off-white animals that are nearly impossible to identify. I've got a LOT of snakes carrying a mix of Strawberry, Lavender, Lava, Diffused, and Caramel, as well as a Lava Tessera pair with 5 possible hets. I hatched project classics het SK Diffused Topaz ph Hypo Lavender Anery Motley this year. For some multi-gene combos that have already existed for some time, I'm hoping to improve the color with the addition of RF, RC, and other enhancers.

But yeah, "Hypo"...oof. I'm only still using the term Strawberry for my stuff because that's what that line was sold as years ago. I'm not convinced it isn't just Hypo A.
Yeah, you touch on another reason I was relieved to retire. The problem with being able to accurately identify what the heck was hatching out of those multi-gene clutches. I could foresee a time when the labels I would print up for each animal would be nothing but question marks. Of course people would want to know the possibilities based on the ancestry, so I could see where things were going to be VERY messy trying to sell anything and be conscientious about properly identifying the animals.

The chances of one animal in a pair being the same flavor of hypo as the mate was getting to be VERY slim. Heck I had uncountable times I bred a hypo something to another hypo something and came out with zero hypo offspring. Drove me nuts.