Thread: Candy Canes
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #20
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Hmm, that could be an interesting project, but plan on the long haul.

Personally, I would be inclined to start with the best reverse Okeetee lines I could find with the intention of crowding out the blotches with the expanded borders. The hopes there would be that normal colored (meaning NOT amelanistic) forms from this line would have those expanded borders showing up as black and obscuring the normally red color of the blotches with black.

Then go for the background color heading towards white. You might have to have parallel lines running with each having a different goal, and then when you got each line as close as you think you could get, then start merging them, hoping you can get the best of each line showing up in subsequent generations.
So essentially you would have a normal with thick black borders that crowd out the blotches and has a high white background?

I wasn't really planning to take on this project but that might change now. A weird series of events took place today and I'm receiving a female snow tessera that was produced by SMR. One of the parents was a high white RO. I could try doing a line of normals with the thick borders and a line of anerys. I already have a 2yo male anery with solid blotches and no yellowing yet.