View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #69
wildlifephotographer
Wow, thats a terrible thing to have to go through, but I'm very grateful for the very informative and helfpul video you posted. I'm really glad your girl is recovering nicely as well. That's always good to hear. As I am just starting myself with breeding my females this year..I've already learned quiet a bit. My oldest girl Diamond she laid 21 eggs but it was a three day process for her to go through. She actually was egg bound with one egg stuck inside of her for three weeks, she did pass it on her own though. She fed very well for me after she laid the eggs and after a few defecations past the last one. So I was very grateful she did that on her own. I made sure she was defecating and eating well and drinking plenty of fresh clean water. And now she's back to her weight she was before she laid the eggs so she's good to go. She went from 686 grams to 517 grams after laying her eggs but she gained almost all of it back. And she laid her eggs in April 13-15 so I think she recovered nicely.