View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #7
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I have that nightmare every now and then too. Usually it's something like going into the closet and realizing I have one or more snakes in enclosures in there that I completely forgot about for who knows how long. And I have this horrible feeling wash over me, like how could I forget?!

That one, and the nightmare that I've found a bunch of amazing snakes and my hands are so full and all of them are trying to escape and I have no place to put them. Lol!
LOL!! Yeah, I have had similar dreams. Some apparently recurring enough that I recognize them the next time around. Heck, for that matter, I sometimes wonder if the less outrageous ones are actually memories and not dreams at all. Seems I have reached that age that I am not really sure any longer. Especially places where I used to hunt for Coastal Plain Milk Snakes when I lived in Maryland. One day I took a friend up to some spots I knew of in New Jersey and I wound up catching 7 or 8 gravid females. The other guy only caught one male, and a spotted turtle I picked out visually over in a bog nearby. I believe that one is a memory. But it was quite a long time ago. If I recall correctly, he didn't seem all that happy about my good luck that day.

One oddball one that I know isn't a memory and is obviously a dream is one that I am in an area with rounded rocky outcroppings with shallow caves into them. Broad sandy areas surround all the rock outcroppings. Some caves even have old abandoned furniture like rickety tables and chairs scattered around inside, looking long abandoned. I am poking around in the caves and start finding California king snakes wedged into recesses in the walls. I find so many that I start getting picky about the ones I want to pick up. Then I start finding spectacular looking Sinaloan milk snakes. Start emptying the bags of the Cal kings!! Suddenly they are everywhere.