View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
Twolunger
I feed mouse fuzzies to them normally, but last week I fed mouse weanlings. I am stock piling ASF's in a few sizes, but only fed them to adult corns, as another experiment. You may want to check out Brian Barczyk's ( BHB reptiles) experiment with growth rates of young corns. I found it on YouTube. Quite interesting as he fed some of them more frequently, larger sized prey, and added vitamins to one group.

I had an adult Amaretto female that quit eating for two weeks because she was getting ready to lay. She refused a small mouse, but I offered her a weanling ASF and she ripped it right off the tongs. She laid eggs the next day. The following week I offered her an adult mouse to see if she would eat it, or hold off for another ASF, but she ate the mouse.

Then I had a male lavender that was searching for a mate and hadn't eaten for a few weeks. He refused a mouse, so I offered him an ASF, and he ripped it off the tongs also.
It would seem that having a few ASF's in the freezer could help snap a reluctant feeder out of the self-imposed diet.