Thread: Heat n humidity
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 12:55 AM   #2
EffingWaterBuffalo
Corn snakes are very adaptable snakes. They're like the betta fish of the snake world in my opinion. Anyways for ideal temperatures to make them happiest you need to create a create a temperature gradient and have a warm and cool side. The warm side should be 80-85 and the cool side should be around 70-75, my cool side is just room temperature. At night some people recommend to let the temperature drop down to 65 but unless you have them in a cold basement that's hard to do so I just honeatly turn off all my heating stuff and let it cool to room temprature on both sides. As for humidity if you keep it at 50% they are pretty happy campers.

As for the mediums used everyone is different. Some people hate heat lamps and some hate heating pads. I use both. I have a heating pad which sticks to the bottom of the tank on and I keep a heat lamp on and that keeps the temp pretty perfect. Be careful though both those things get hot so don't put them next or on anything flameable. Anyways I put those on one side to create the 'warm' side. As for night time lighting, they don't need any but if you want to view them I recommend an infared light bulb. I use a black light and you can't see much with it so I don't recommend those but they don't give off much heat.

I don't understand the sawdust part though? Is that the bedding you're using?

Hope this helps!