View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #28
pridecity
The Denver Zoo co-habs. I think I might have a picture somewhere. I'll have to look. I get a kick out of being able to identify most of the fish and a lot of the reptiles now. I know that the cobras are together, but that seems to be a common thing. Maybe cobras are like garters and live in groups? I really don't know. I do know that the corns share an exhibit and don't seem to mind too much. I'll have to see if I have a picture though. If not, I'll just cart myself off to the zoo to get some pictures.

I was thinking, though, about some of the cage ideas I've been considering. One, for my four bearded dragons (2.2 no less). I was considering a "U" shaped cage much like a display case at a store. It would be about 9 feet x 5 feet x 9 feet, for example and 2 feet wide all the way around. We'll say it's three feet tall. That's roughly 54 x 30 x 54 cubic feet or 403 x 224 x 403 gallons (pretending we fill it all with water. That gives roughly 138 cubic feet or 1,030 gallons. That's fantastic for a cage and could possibly work for a few lizards.

My point is, with a cage this big, would cohabbing be "acceptable"?