View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #293
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
And just what does my 'whining' about work, or other things have to do with this thread, or you being a moderator? I mean, you only did bring this up after I simply said I was confused as to why Brent would nominate you as a mod....
Prior to that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Just playing Devil's Advocate here...

You'd recommend Jazz to be a chat room moderator? There are quite a few chat logs that are floating around that show a display far worse than 'gtfo'. Of course, since he said 'sorry' he's in the clear??
Nowhere do I see the word "confused". You said you were playing "Devil's Advocate".

To be an advocate is to take a position, a stance; thus, you took a stance regarding my credentials as a mod in chat.

And gee, since the title of this thread - let's review it, just so you can keep current - is "Chat room - listen up, please", and you're taking a position regarding my abilities or lack thereof as a chat mod, and your whining about work is done in a (stay with me here) chat room, there's a certain relevance.

Evidence has shown that you're confused about the proper usage of the word "confused". I hope my explanation here hasn't confused you.

Quote:
Oh sure. My presence on the forums has brought it down the tubes. That makes sense, since every single one of my posts is useless whining, and I have no knowledge to contribute.
Every single one of your posts? Who made that claim?

Oh. You did.

Quote:
Funny, Jazz, since I can remember more than a few times where I made another Cornsnakes room and nobody complained about my moderating of that room.
As I said, go for it.

Quote:
Since you obviously have some personal agenda or issue with me, why not just voice it over a PM and not respond to my posts on this website anymore?
Please, get over yourself. My "agenda" with you is merely in response to your "agenda" with me. You take it upon yourself to be "Devil's Advocate" regarding me, and I'll take it upon myself to be an advocate for myself.

Quote:
Or, are you going to continue to set fine examples of civility on this website by taking repeated cheap ass pot shots at me in threads that have ZERO connection to this thread, or this issue? (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...83&postcount=2)
Aw, a little joke was made at your expense. Let me get a support group link for you.

As for the "ZERO" connection to this thread, or to you: a newbie introduced himself to the forum and mentioned that he also was getting a Jungle Carpet Python, a (GASP!) "non-corn" in a (DOUBLE GASP!!!) cornsnake forum. If this were done in chat, how would you have responded?

Oh yeah. That's kind of the topic of this thread.

As for the "fine example of civility", let's review:

• Keep it civil, and so will I. IMO, you took it over the edge by trying to claim that taking a position was being "confused" over Brent's post. You can't make an assertion, and then claim confusion. You're contradicting yourself, just as Rich recently PWND you when you claimed that the incident that was the impetus for this thread was the "first and only time" in chat, and then subsequently claimed that there are "quite a few logs" out there.
  • Once I've gotten to know someone and understand their tolerance for "give and take", some good-natured ribbing will ensue. If it goes too far on either end, I'd expect honest, bilateral communication about the transgression - to that end, if you care to take it to PM with any questions you may have about this post, I'd be happy to respond.
  • If there is obvious attitude, it will be returned in kind. If it escalates, I'll punch you in the soul.
A day or so ago, Mike Blickendorfer gave me a good hearted jab about my "polka" clip on the web. Do you think my response was to consider it a "cheap ass pot shot"? If I have ANY advice for you in this post, it's to lighten up; you'll stroke out before me, and I'm the old fart who's twice your age and on anticoagulants.

Quote:
But hey, you've got that nice little smiley face there, so that makes it okay, right?

I was ready to concede this point until you closed with an emoticon. You almost had me.

I'll give you a while to let the irony sink in.

regards,
jazz