• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

They like each other

Taryn7

Ok ok - I know corn snakes prefer to be on their own and they don't cuddle - they compete for basking sites but I swear my baby ghost loves my older normal..

I have all 3 (one is 6 months, one is 4 months and one is 2 months) sharing a tank at the moment.. I got Mia last October, then Levi joined her at the end of November and Kelloggs has been with them for about a month. As I am probably getting a 4th corn in a months time, I am having a rack system built so they can each have their own space to grow in..

So my point is - wherever Levi goes - Kelloggs follows.. There are quite a few spaces for them to go and Mia's favourite is the cardboard tube - its not uncommon to find Levi where ever Mia is bit Mia does like to be on her own.

Levi is the only one who likes to climb the fake plant - especially at night. I was looking at him earlier curled up in the dark. An hour later i looked again and there is little kelloggs curled up next to him . It was quite sweet.

I feel bad for seperating them - especially Levi and Kelloggs but I know it is better in the long run :)

You will find that the majority of people here strongly disapprove of cohabitation.
A corn snake is not complex enough to like or dislike another corn snake. Why they follow each other can be explained a few ways. They are going to the same area because that is the temp they both need to digest. Or they are trying to mate which you don't want - it can kill your female if she is too young. But to like or dislike is an emotion that humans have, not snakes. It is good you plan on separating, but do it now, instead of waiting for snake number 4.

We get this type of post once a month. Its been flame broil to death.

So may I ask, what size viv do you have them housed in and what are the sexes of the snakes.

Yes, I know people dissaprove of cohabitation and as I said - the rack is being made at this point.

Anyway - the point of this was - I know snakes dont like to be together but its quite sweet to see them together. Just a story - not a slam the chick who keeps her snakes togther session.

The viv size - big enough!!

I may not haver been doing this as long as some - but I have had other snakes for over 3 years now, we have ball pythons, boas and burms. So I am not stupid - as I said, they were bunking together for a bit while I decided on a game plan for them and now - they will be seperated..

Wow - you gotta love these sites were you get cra pped on for sharing a story!! Makes you wanna come right back!

The repitition of things I have already stated like I am 5. I said I was getting it built NOW - not when number 4 comes along..

I don't know what you expected of this site. Is everybody supposed to say awe isn't that cute?
Sometimes I do think people are too harsh but not this time. If you already knew it was not approved of here why would you even make a post about your snakes cohabbing and liking each other? If people seem harsh it is because they care that your pets are well taken care of. You already know to seperate them, please do so.
I didn't slam you, I gave good advice. What you do with it is your choice.

Wow! I'm glad I didn't answer, but then you would ave someone to yell at. Jen and Lenny were very nice and trying to be helpful, not bashing you. If you want to get bashed, I'ld be happy too, not in the mood today though.

I was trying to think why they would follow themself around with my questions.
Cohabitation has been done by others ..sucessfully too. But I
would not recommend it.
And you have to admit. It a hot issue.
So if you feel that was crapping on you, so be it.
I can help, what you feel like.
But I can say I'm sorry you feel that way.

You just gotta undersatnd that some people dont need to be told waht to do like a child. When all facts are clearly stated in the original post..

You should try a better approach such as - Its good that you are seperating them or something like that..

Just sharing an expereince, a thought.. Something to make people smile.. Not to say - OH we het a story like this once a month. I'm not a newbie by any means.

I have read posts were people get really mean - and I have always been worried about posting anything here.

You guys should seriously adjust the way you talk to people - I am a member of 5 other sites were we are actually friends.. Can't seem to find any friends on here. Its sad..

Yup..\

Posted tons before..

Just an amel, a normal, a ghost and probably a snow for the next one..

All have never skipped a meal and all shed perfectly..

Heres a few anyway..

Mia

Pics0441.jpg

Levi

Pics0301.jpg

And Kelloggs

Pics017.jpg

Why can't you put them in seperate tubs or kritter keepers? Less stress on them... and it isn't cute at all, I won't "bash" you, because Jen said everything I was going to say.

I have a amel that was my daughters but now is mine and also a butter that is mine. I would like to try breeding on a small scale one day. This is a nice hobby for me because corn are easy to take care of. What differences have you notices with your corn and non corn??

Back