View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 04:57 AM   #32
Menhir
I think we don'T have to discuss the "arguments" of poster #1 after Rich started the thread - I think critic is a nice way of conversation and of improving things, but not in that way.

If I should add my 2cc, I think there should be a little distingush between sites where people try to sell things and where people just give information.

To add something to the money site of the discussion, we provide our lexikon (photo gallery) and also calculator and the rest for free. We don't sell animals over this site nor do we something different to earn money. It's all our cost and we provide everything for free. (Having about 250 true visitors/day and nearly 10Gb traffic/month isn't a bad amount for a site without forum and in german)
So, I don't see the reason why you should delete links to sites that provide information for free without damaging anything of your own business.

I would highly recommend to delete "shops" and other commercial sites that just use your site as a free promotion without adding anything to the board. But there are imho lots of people that make YOUR board the way it is - by adding something free for you - their knowledge. And I think it's clear that such a board with all the experts discussing and your pictures in between is one of the best promotions you can have for your business.

So, long story short, if someone adds his knowledge and enthusiasm to make this board "live", he should be able also to get a little promotion and feedback for his own free informational site. Sites that sell animals or stuff should buy bannerspace from you, I think thats quite obvious and thats how business works.

Greetings

P.S.: Just to back me up, this was meant as constructive critics and not as being rude or having an attitude towards something. It's not my board, just my thoughts.