View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
xStaticSnow
I would definitely love to have more discussions here!

I don't have much to contribute to talk of breeding since I've never bred snakes and don't plan on doing anytime soon. I only have my one pet corn now, but have kept plenty of snakes in the past so I don't have a whole lot of beginner care questions either. I think there are still plenty of slightly less conventional conversation topics countering on keeping snakes/corns that could be engaging though.

At the moment I'm in grad school for nonfiction writing and I've been thinking about working on a piece about my thoughts and history of keeping snakes and other reptiles. My undergrad degree is in wildlife biology and my interest in snakes and other reptiles was a huge inspiration for my studies in the field of wildlife bio. I recently read an article written by a favorite short fiction author, Wendy Brenner, which is a profile on Dean Ripa of North Carolina who was famed for keeping a number of venomous snakes. Wondering if anyone might have known him personally? If you'd like to check out the article it's called "Love and Death in the Cape Fear Serpentarium" and can be read online at the Oxford American.

Anyone else have personal anecdotes about their relationships with snakes and other reptiles that go beyond the simple realities of keeping, feeding, breeding, and selling? Has an interest in snakes been a starting point for anyone else in developing other interests or going after certain pursuits in life? Maybe I just seem like a crazy person? Let me know!I really love this forum