View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 03:05 AM   #1
KristyS
Problems with Impaction

Ok, this is about one of the corns at the store none out of my collection but I still care for them as if they were my own.
Anyways back to the point, there is a 4 month little striped corn that was eating great at the beginning kept with an amel that was a little bit larger then himself, both mite free eating well on a regular basis, good sheds etc. The striped began to regurge his meals. I kept to the 10 day feeding rule after every regurge and watched them more closely. About 2 months after the striped started to develop a crusty, white, large bulge at his vent. It was caked right on there.. it looks extremely painful as well. I went to go feed the striped today, he looks limp, very thin and had a huge swollen abdomen with the white crust all around his vent. I soaked him in warm water until it came off. What would cause this? its not going away either.. thats whats bothering me... I feed them in all seperate closures make sure none of the other employees even attempt to handle the snakes after feeding sessions. Is there anything else I can do for this guy to help him out?

Thanks for any replies
Kristy