View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
CJBianco
Sexing & Tail Length (Photos)

I've heard that sexing by tail length/shape is not accurate at all, but I've also heard that sometimes the differences are obvious enough for easy identification. (I've no clue, so I'll let you kind folks decide.)

I purchased this 2001 "Silver Queen" Ghost female online and she finally arrived today. She looks as pretty as any average Ghost female, but I'm not quite certain she is a female. (Which makes me question the "Silver Queen" label. Who knows? My eyes aren't trained for the subtle differences yet.)

There were individual photos of 1.1 SQ Ghosts pictured in the original advertisement, and I saved the photos of the female. I compared those original photos with my own photos taken shortly after her arrival. The two animals have completely different head/body markings.

So the only two reasons for the non-matching photos/animals are (1) the seller accidentally sent the male, or (2) the seller accidentally labeled the advertisement photos incorrectly.

Who knows? As long as this animal is female, I'm satisfied. (And since it usually takes this seller at least three days to return an email, I figured that in the meantime I could ask opinions here.)

Here are some photos...

Chris