Thread: Whats the deal!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #77
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Most disturbing to me have been some recent things like discussing the possibility of states seceding from the union and a joke about "a good ol' fashioned lynching" of our president. It's like seeing a side of people that you wish they hadn't chosen to show publicly.
I'm terribly sorry that in the half a century I've been alive, I have gained enough knowledge and experience to have opinions and values that are strong enough for me to voice. As someone recently and so eloquently said, I'm not here to "blow sunshine up your hineys". I have 2 children and will do everything in my power to make sure they will be able to live the kind of life that I have. That includes everything from bashing the ideas of a President I don't agree with to taking up arms to protect my freedom. So far, my rights to my opinions and the ability for me to post them here are still intact. The right for me to bear arms is still intact. And by God, I will fight to keep those rights. And as of right now, I feel those rights are being seriously threatened by the current administration. You don't like my opinions and that is your right. However, I will NOT stop posting mine as I have not stopped you from posting yours.