View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 12:40 PM   #9
Alicia
Adding A New Snake

Quote:
Originally posted by Bippy
Hypothetical Scenario:

Let's say you have a snake or two in quarantine, and one you know is sick and will take a little while to recover. Now, let's say you run across a snake at a show that you really want... Do you:

1) Not buy that snake, because you know if you put it in quarantine with the others it might get ill?

2) Buy it and put it in the same quarantine room anyway?

or

3) Buy it and try and find someplace else to put it that isn't your normal quarantine room?

Just random ponderings this thread has conjured up.

This is a situation that depends on several things. It would depend on what kind of illness the snake had. What your Vet would advise and what you personally feel you need to do. For me personally I would not bring in any new ones if there is a chance of transmitting the problem to the new arrival(s). There is always a chance of illness no matter the precautions but I personally like to lower the chances of that happening if I can. I may do things that others may think is "silly" or even extreme, but I do what works for me and my snakes. Bottom line do what works for you. We each make decisions and right or wrong we live with them