• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how much are blizards going for?

I think they're going for around 100-150 dollars currently. You can try searching the classifieds on this forum, or the classifieds on faunaclassifieds.com. Here's a link to a search I did: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4726231

I would also check with Don at South Mountain Reptiles. His website is cornsnake.net.

I've always loved the look of blizzards. If you like white snakes, you might like leucistic rat snakes. Very cool looking snakes, but I've heard they can be not as pleasant as corn snakes.

I normally produce Whiteout corns every year, but my female took this year off. I have since acquired a second female, so hopefully I'll double my chances next year. I also have an adult pair of Leucistic Black Rats which I hope to produce next year. In maybe two years, I should produce nearly solid white Cal Kings, and in three I should have a decent supply of Pearl Hondurans. (I like white, too!)

£80 in the U.K !, you can make one by breeding a amelanistic corn snake and a charcoal corn snake and you get a blizzard corn snake 100% rate of all blizzards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£80 in the U.K !, you can make one by breeding a amelanistic corn snake and a charcoal corn snake and you get a blizzard corn snake 100% rate of all blizzards.

That's not at all how that works. Please take some time to learn about genetics before doling out that sort of "information." Amel and charcoal are recessive to wild. Breeding an amel with no hets to a charcoal with no hets yields all classic het amel charcoal. Pairing siblings from that clutch, you have a 1 in 16 chance (6.25%) for any given egg to hatch out as a blizzard. The only way to guarantee 100% blizzards in a clutch is by breeding a blizzard to a blizzard.

http://cornguide.com/geneticspages.php?page=1

If they are both normal then they will make 100% yield blizzards quite clearly calculated on a corn snake genetics website I don't think you need to contradict me where meant to be helping the person who asked not argue so stoping getting loud behind your screen

Laura is 100% correct in her answer. She wasn't being argumentative at all. She was simply correcting misinformation.
I don't know what genetics info you are citing but you need to find a new source because your source is either incorrect or your are not fully understanding it.
A "normal" animal with no hets bred to the same will NOT produce anything but "normals" (Laura uses the term "Wildtype" instead of "normal"). The only combos other than two Blizzards that "might" produce a Blizzard are as follows: 1.1 Normals Het Amel & Charcoal, 1.1 Amels Het Charcoal, 1.1 Charcoals Het Amel, an Amel Het Charcoal to a Charcoal Het Amel or a Blizzard to any of the above. The odds of getting any Blizzards increases when one or more of the recessive genes are Homo in one/both of the breeding animals.
To the OP, I recently purchased an adult Blizzard male for $80 at the local Wheaton IL. show. I hope that helps.

Terri

Just gonna leave this here.

yRrB82O.png

I'll keep my choice words to myself, since you're only 15.

And genetics on corn snakes confuse me a lot... not like ball phython genetics those are simple

Mendelian genetics work the same for all living things. So ball Python genetics is exactly the same as Corn snake genetics with the exceptions of the terms that BP owners coined to describe some inheritance terms ("Super" comes to mind) and some of the genes available in each species.

Terri

A larger number of ball python morphs are incomplete dominant (incorrectly but popularly called co-dominant) where most corn snake mutations are recessive. The guide I posted previously may help you in understanding the terminology in any species, but you may have to unlearn some things in the process. Pseudo-genetics run rampant through the herp community, and while oversimplified definitions are an easy shortcut to helping beginners understand what a morph is exactly, they cause more misunderstanding in the long run.

Also dragonling out of curiosity what kind of morphs can a snow make?

A snow is homozygous for amel and anery, two recessive mutations. Snow is very similar to blizzard because charcoal is considered an "anery-type" (sometimes referred to as Anery B) mutation; it removes red and yellow pigment. When you add amelanism, which removes black and brown pigment, you end up with a mostly white snake. Anery and charcoal do not remove the pigment perfectly, and many aneries still have quite a bit of yellow, so you can still see a little bit of pattern on some blizzards, and usually even more so on snows. Pigmentation is a complex thing in reptiles.

So the only things you can visually produce with a snow are more snows, amels, aneries, and normals.

Back