• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Spider nursery.....

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
A few months ago I found a bunch of newly hatched spiders in one of the lemon trees. Thought it would make for an interesting video....

You know, I've noticed and interesting phenomenon around here in relation to spiders. I can always tell when we are in for a very cold night at Winter because the spiders will all bail out of the trees to be on the ground where it will be warmer. So you will see hundreds of single strands of spider silk hanging from the tree branches. Looks pretty neat when you see a light source through them. But really not fun to WALK through.... If I see that again, I will try to get a photo of it this Winter.

I have a spider phobia, so I have to admit they make my skin crawl a little bit. But they are pretty cute little mini-lemons, I have to admit. :D Thanks for sharing!

Back