View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #17
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I meant to ask you if there are any speed shops, or hot rod shops, in your area. Those guys usually seem to know more about cars than the factory engineers. I loved hanging around the local speed shops, and couldn't believe how fast they could rebuild an engine.

Not really. About the only notable place is this one -> http://transamdepot.com/

They build some very high end custom Trans Ams. Top of the line one (the 455 Super Duty) is something like $170,000.

Had a couple of shops professing to be experts about such things, but from the evidence I saw with my C5Z, they are anything BUT experts. People will try to talk the talk, however.

There are some places that will do engine machining and the sort, but they are more like general machine shops and not apparently "hot rod" oriented as far as I can tell. But maybe there are some low key places that I just haven't heard about. Seem to be a fair number of hot rods around here, but I get the impression that most of them are doing their own wrenching.