View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
Garysaurus
VERY odd vomit/regurgitation immediately post feeding

Last night, about 30 minutes after feeding my corn snake, he regurgitated/vomited up something odd looking. Given the small amount of time that had passed, I would have assumed regurgitation, but it looked nothing like the undigested mouse that should’ve come up. It had a few different components (labeled by number in the attached photo) 1) a series of dark, hard-ish chunks, 2) some soft, slimey white material (that could’ve maybe been fur?), and 3) a small amount of grainy yellow material.

For context: My snake is 6 years old, had eaten a frozen adult mouse (same as he has been eating for years), and has not had regurge issues in the past. Other than this, he seems fine and healthy, and ate eagerly when fed. I do feed him in a separate enclosure (have been doing so since he was a baby, although I may change that now), so there is some handling post-feed as I transfer him back to his main enclosure. If the regurge had looked normal, I would’ve just chalked it up to handling him too soon and stressing him out, but this looks really concerning.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Should I be observing normal regurgitation protocol, or taking him to see a vet?