View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #87
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmum
Looks like he has handled his awful ordeal pretty well. He may have a 'bit of a tilt' all his life, but won't affect his marriage activities I'm sure. Hopefully he'll stay in good health now.

Thanks for the update and the pictures. I am sure you were relieved to see he seemed better.
Yeah, I'm somewhat relieved. I think he's going to live, but I guess that really depends on whether he can resume feeding. I won't be making the attempt until the middle of next week at the earliest, so we'll see how that goes. If when all is said and done, a head tilt and "performance issues" are the only residual problems, I'll be happy with that. I think my female blizzard will be busy with various blood-combo males for a couple of years anyway, so he can be babied through as long a convalescence as he needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prieta
The first picture looks alarming, but the other two look pretty good. You do see a tilt but it's not at a right angle or anything.

He's proving to you how tough he can be (even though he's not one of your 05 jumbos )

Best of luck!!!
Thanks. I agree about the first pic. When I opened the tub, he was like that. I suppose that he probably adopted a position that put the least strain on his injury, but it was alarming to me too until he started moving.

And yeah, he seems pretty tough. He is a very slow grower. I can't imagine that his revised diet of infrequently offered, single, small pinks is going to help in that area.