Thread: Bad shed
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
ServantOfCthulhu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfCthulhu View Post
Hey everyone, first time snake owner here. I've had my corn Narcissa for about a month and a half. She's shed once since I've had her and it was a complete shed besides the tip of her tail (which came off pretty easy with a damp paper towel). But this time she's shedding in tiny little pieces. It looks like when a person peels from a sunburn. I read a post on here about a shed box someone made. (Putting a towel with a little room temp water into a Rubbermaid container, and putting the snake in for 20 minutes). I did that earlier today but it didn't seem to help at all. Should I be doing it every day until she's done shedding? Or is there something else I can do to help? I have a moist hide in her tank, but she doesn't care for it at all. She's never gone in it. And since I noticed her trying to shed I've been misting her tank a couple times a day.

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk
Just thought i'd update. Today I finally got all of the shed skin off. Took daily 20 min shed box soaking followed by having her go through a damp rag for a few minutes. I have no idea why it took so long. But my little one should feel much better now. Does anyone have any advice on preventing something like this in the future?

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk