View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #8
Rich Z
Actually Al has been the chat meister for quite a while now, but I think he has been away from it for too long and didn't realize what was going on. I did have a talk with him, and apparently he has had situations arise before when some clown would log into multiple windows and have several logins at one time in the chat room. The way the chat server handles duplicate names is to append a number after the name, much like what you all saw last night. So Al just jumped to the conclusion that this is what was going on.

Bear in mind that when you first come into the chat room, you don't see any of the conversation that took place before you logged in. So what he saw was a bunch of duplicate logins and just assumed the worst. Was this the right way to do it? No, not in my opinion. But then again, I don't know how many times Al has run into this in the past. Maybe enough times that it was a natural assumption for him to make.

I read over the log file for that "event" and it is pretty obvious what happened. I am certain I would have reacted the same way as you guys did had someone jumped at me like Al did. Heck, maybe he just had a bad day and this was the icing to the cake....

I think Al recognizes he made a mistake in reading the situation and I hope you all can let bygones be bygones. Al is normally not heavy handed like that and this is one of the reasons I asked him to moderate the chat system.

But I am sure you all know that I want to know about any problems that do crop up in the future. No matter who they originate from. I don't want to become involved in petty person to person squabbles, but anything that affects the chat system and everyone having a good time using it, yes, that is my business to know about.

Thanks Misty, for letting me know about the problem.