• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

You know when you have been bad...

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
It's written all over your face....

raccoon_2017_01.jpg

Game cameras are rather inexpensive and are great for figuring out what is getting into your bird feeders overnight. Just set it up pointing at your feeder overnight, and you will have your answer the next day.

I had to modify a squirrel baffle on the pole to one of the bird feeders in order to keep the raccoons out of it. I didn't realize till I saw the captured images that they could just reach around the baffle, grab the pole above it, and pull themselves up and over it to get to the feeder.

raccoon_baffle_01.jpg

raccoon_baffle_02.jpg

So I had to modify the baffle a bit by putting something on top that extended a surface that the raccoons couldn't grab onto.

raccoon_baffle_03.jpg

And that did the trick. They haven't been able to get into that feeder since the modification. So I have been able to retire the live trap.

Back