View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 06:53 AM   #7
ECWcorn
Hey guys, I see were coming over here for answers now. I've messaged two veterans in the hobby since we brought this earlier. Neither of them had really noticed before. One of them asked right off the bat if mine animals in question had lavender or sunkissed in them ? In my case its yes. My male who sired all three clutches of my hold backs in a Motley\Plasma. Apparently the two genes affect the motley gene a lot doing all kinds of weird things. I. E. Checkering the ventrals of motlies heavily. Wiping out the pattern on them as well. Interesting I thought.
I've also noticed on some of mine the reduction , absence of black on the motley pattern but returning on the blotched pattern.
Here's a list of the pairings I did last year. Motley\Plasma het hypo sired all three. 1-anery het hypo, 2-sunkissed het motley\stripe, 3-hypo het lavender.
The majority of my little odd balls came from pairing one with 4\5 holdbacks. I have 2\5 from number 2. , 1\2 out of number 3. These are my holdbacks. So I don't know about the rest of the clutch.
Even the het motley sunkiss produced some of these. That litter came out spot on with the odds. 3\4's came out motley\stripe, 1\4 normals. The normals all being het motley. From that clutch I kept three motley\stripe, and two normals both of which have this weird thing. The other two clutches have no known motley in the mothers has far as I know.
Anyway just thought I'd add to the madness.😕 I might load some pics up later but I have trouble here on this site. Have a good one and I'm sure well talk some more.