• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Edit button?

lesleym

Not So New Member
I don't seem to be able to edit my posts atm. I am a contributing member, and I have been able to edit before. I'm confused...

I can see the edit button on the above post, but not on my for sale post, which is the one I want to edit!

Because allowing editing of all posts is a global setting in vBulletin affecting posts in every category. There have been instances in the past whereby someone got into a snit and decided to go back and edit out each and every post they made, which pretty much trashed some threads. I decided to do my best to limit that kind of damage from then on.

I'm quite sure that if you rent your own forum off, Rich you can transfer whole threads to your forum, edit everything to your hearts content and then return them from whence they came... You need to be the OP to do this obviously....

I think the ability to move threads around if you have a personal forum got taken away for exactly that reason.

As for editing Classified ads after 30 days, that restriction is also to prevent a potential issue later on concerning a sale. The seller can't change the ad later to favor his/her side of an issue.

I can understand that. I just wanted to mark a couple more snakes as sold, I will add a reply to the end of my thread to indicate that. Thanks again for your replies :)

Back