Thread: Carpet Pythons
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #38
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo1979 View Post
GTPs are beautiful, but they can't be handled much, correct? I have been looking at carpets here and there but trying to tell myself I'm not going there. Lol!
Not so sure about 'can't be handled much'

And I had to put the 'Kiss' up again

GTP should not be handled until they are past a year old... Their spines are very easy to damage so any handling needs to be careful and gentle...
And a year old snake that has never been handled can be quite eventful when you have to be careful at the same time... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
From what I'm told, they are not as mean as people say they are. If you look up Rocky Gravely on iHerp, I'm hoping to get a baby that looks like Malachite or Flint.....love, love, love them!!

Oh, but you really should get into Carpets
They are awesome! My friend who got me into snakes in the first place, has been working on me to get a GTP. She says they're the ultimate snake. I will reserve my opinion on that until I actually have one. LOL
Carpets, are hands down, my favorite snake. I love their dragon-like heads, & the majority of them have fabulous personalities!
If you're looking for smaller snakes, IJ's tend to stay failry small. The first pic on this page, is of Karma's parents.
TBH... I prefer Carpets.....
GTP are quite boring... They make you panic with their vivs and husbandry... Panic with their food (you haven't had poop questions until you have had a GTP).. Just generally on tenter hooks all the time...
Carpets on the other hand are like nails... User friendly and it's hard to get things wrong... Plus they sit like a GTP, so win win..... JMHO.