• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Come back, people!

insomniac101

Occupant
Just wanted to vent a little! I've noticed a drastic decline in people posting here. I guess everyone has migrated to Farcebook. :(

I do have a Farcebook account, but don't like the site, and rarely post. I only joined to keep up with news from my nieces and nephews, and their kids. I liked coming here, back in the days when so many people were actively posting.

Oh well, things do change, but not always for the better.

Kathy

I'm still here...

Facebook- I can't even. Posts get buried. There are so many "know it alls" and no one to rein them in. Some "expert" was trying to tell me my peppermint tessera was a snow, and couldn't comprehend that there was no way Carol could have "misidentified" cinder genes.

Whatever. Make Cornsnakes Great Again!!

Message boards like this are so much better than Facebook for what most of us need it for... thoughtful and friendly discussion, and searchable history, etc. that allows us to be better caretakers of our animals. Facebook is only good for "look at this" posts that will only reach a few people who happen to see it before it scrolls away.

This site was booming for years, followed by a bust during the economic downturn of 2008 when so many of the industry innovators and stalwarts, including Rich Z., our site owner, retired from the profession and stopped actively breeding and participating.

We still have wonderful people here, but it's certainly quiet. I don't think FB is the culprit, since it's basically useless for asking and answering questions, or having a meaningful conversation.

Facebook- I can't even. Posts get buried. There are so many "know it alls" and no one to rein them in. Some "expert" was trying to tell me my peppermint tessera was a snow, and couldn't comprehend that there was no way Carol could have "misidentified" cinder genes.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I audibly sighed at that conversation multiple times. :nope: I have some stories I would share about certain vocal people, but I'm not in the market for making enemies just yet.

Anyway, I certainly make my share of foot-in-mouth posts on FB so maybe I'm a little glad they get buried in the rubble. :laugh: :face_palm_02:

Kathy,

I haven't been the most active in the past... 6 or 7 years, so I can't really talk, but I get you! It used to be a morning ritual to sit at my computer with a nice cup of coffee and brows the forums. I loved Saturday because I could read for HOURS!

Loved the community here! It's hard for me to completely switch to FB as well. Also it's very nice to see people here from long ago even though I'm guilty of ghosting myself.

Anyway just wanted to say hi!

I've been trying to encouraging folks to use this forum over FB. I keep forgetting you have to be logged in to see most posts though, so I'll link a post and no one sees it because they can't be bothered to make an account. :rolleyes: I've thought about cross posting some of my stuff to other forums but most are so ridiculously dead or poorly organized it's like why bother? I'm extremely pissed that the "other" forum even existed considering everything that was posted there that WASN'T posted here is now gone forever. Ugh!

It's like it across the board, I'm afraid.
I've been doing a tour of lots of sites I've used. Most if not all seem to be in decline.
And some no longer exist.

I keep forgetting you have to be logged in to see most posts though....

Hmm, I forgot about that myself. I sometimes will shut down viewing of thread content on my forum sites in an effort to shake loose Chinese web spiders that seem to latch on and never let go unless you shake them off. And I just forgot to change that back here. :face_palm_02:

In any event, it has not been changed back, so non-registered viewers can now view the content of threads. Other functions (such as viewing images and searching) are still disabled, since that imposes an unnecessary burden on the server that I feel I can do without.

I have to admit my reason for joining the forum was purely to find out who was raising the color morphs I'm interested in breeding. After searching through many posts it became obvious that long term friendships have developed through the forum. It's refreshing to be able to share our triumphs and even disasters with those who know about, and care about Corn snakes. Thanks Rich Z.

I'm still here. My input has dropped off a bit lately, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm also re-upping when my "Contributor" comes due. Keeping this site alive is well worth the effort.

I find this site really helpful so I would like to say a big thank you
I am a 61 years Young new corn snake owner
I will use it a lot
So can I say hi to you all
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please keep this site going
I thought about going to Facebook but no
If I need to get some advice this is the site for so I can look after my 4 months old amel corn snake

While you are on what age should I put my 4 months old corn go in his big viv
He/she is about 27g and 21 inches long
Can anyone help

While you are on what age should I put my 4 months old corn go in his big viv
He/she is about 27g and 21 inches long
Can anyone help

The trick is to use lots of hides and cover.
As long as it thinks its hidden from predators, everything will be fine.

Well, I'm glad some people are still hanging out here. Even if just lurking, something brings them back.

I've seen so many people move to Farcebook, and I don't get the appeal. I have little interest for it to begin with, and the few posts I may actually want to see, are buried under all the "look what I had for lunch" posts.

I certainly hope there is enough interest to keep the site up. I just renewed my contribution, so I'm here for another year. I hope others feel the same! :welcome_back_01:

Kathy

Myself I think go to the place where people know what they are talking about and get the right advice
That's right here
Pat

Hmm, I forgot about that myself. I sometimes will shut down viewing of thread content on my forum sites in an effort to shake loose Chinese web spiders that seem to latch on and never let go unless you shake them off. And I just forgot to change that back here. :face_palm_02:

In any event, it has not been changed back, so non-registered viewers can now view the content of threads. Other functions (such as viewing images and searching) are still disabled, since that imposes an unnecessary burden on the server that I feel I can do without.

Many of the old old photos are gone anyway, having been hosted on tinypic, photobucket, and other such unreliable hosts. It's understandable with how many hits this forum likely gets while visible to keep images member-only. There's plenty of text goodies to be found in the rich history of this board. The pictures are just icing on the cake, and if people REALLY want to see them they'll take 2 seconds to sign up.

Back