• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Calling All Lurkers

Sorry, but that is just not true, IMHO. FaunaClassifieds.com is still doing quite well, all things considered.

It's not one I regularly frequent to be fair .. I'll give it another chance though ..

My comment was really a generalisation as soooo many forums are sluggish or even disappearing ( CaptiveBred sadly no longer with us )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's not one I regularly frequent to be fair .. I'll give it another chance though ..

My comment was really a generalisation as soooo many forums are sluggish or even disappearing ( CaptiveBred sadly no longer with us )

Edit ....

I've just logged in and it's basically an online store :)

It's in the name FaunaCLASSIFIEDS :)

It's really no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes like the other two I mentioned .

Post an invitation on the Ball python forum for everyone to visit us here. ( if you won't be banned ) You would be surprised how many corn snake breeders don't even know our forum exists. I didn't even know it until I happened to be talking to Steve Roylance about some of the morphs I bought from Rich Z many years ago.

I will do that gladly !!

Edit ....

I've just logged in and it's basically an online store :)

It's in the name FaunaCLASSIFIEDS :)

It's really no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes like the other two I mentioned .

:laugh: OK. If you say so.

:laugh: OK. If you say so.

Well I've checked not long ago and about 97 out of the last 100 posts are classifieds sooooooo..

Incidentally, I've put a link for this forum on the Ball-pythons.net site !!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php

How many discussion forums do you see there? And what makes them of "no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes.."?

Right at the moment, I see the following stats on FaunaClassifieds:

Currently Active Users: 679 (216 members and 463 guests)

Number of Members Online In The Past 24 Hours: 1782

Threads: 324,276, Posts: 1,472,753, Members: 138,667
92 posts in the last 24 hours, 4,224 in the last 30 days.
9 new members in the last 24 hours, 634 in the last 30 days.

And again, your statement was:

The only reptile forum that is active and thriving is Ball-Pythons.net .

Which I heartily disagree with and claim that your statement is false. Do the stats I showed indicate to you that your above statement is true?

And honestly, this has always been a habitually slow time of year on the forums because of people being busy with the holidays. The number of new members and posts in the past 24 hours is the lowest I can recall ever seeing there, but I expect it this time of year. But even so, I think it illustrates my point that FaunaClassifieds certainly is not "inactive" and "not thriving" at all, contrary to your claim. Do I think if could be doing better? Certainly! But I doubt there is another website out there anywhere that doesn't believe they could be doing better than they are these days too.

But if you want to see an inactive and non-thriving website, well take a look at this one right here. Now THAT is certainly the way I would describe THIS site without question.

Sorry, I don't intend to get into a pissing duel with you over this, I am merely disagreeing with your assessment and that your statement is not based on reality. Unless your definition of "active and thriving" is severely different from what mine is, of course.

Look, I really don't care that you really like ball-pythons.net. Good for you and good for them! But I don't see that is sufficient reason for you to try to belittle every other site out there with what appear to be false claims.

IMHO.

If you can post a link to the part of the site where all the forum action is I'd be very appreciative

The sections that get the most traffic are the classifieds and the board of inquiry (boi), but there are a bunch of discussion forums there. There is even a section for international boi for those overseas to investigate/review sellers and breeders

I have no idea why you've got so defensive ... I was responding to the other guys claim that THIS forum was dragging and I was kinda defending you by suggesting that most forums are struggling these days - as that's my take on them and it's something most forums are concerned about .

I'm also not belittling anyone ... I had a look around and the general snake seemed to be out of date ..

As to the stats you've just quoted as I've said nearly all the posts are buying / selling related as you'd expect from a forum called FaunaClassifieds .... You may as well quote PreLoved while you're at it ..

Whilst getting unfairly stroppy with me you sadly missed the fact that I started a new thread on Ball-Pythons.net tonight- actually praising and promoting YOUR site .

Some thanks I get .

The sections that get the most traffic are the classifieds and the board of inquiry (boi), but there are a bunch of discussion forums there. There is even a section for international boi for those overseas to investigate/review sellers and breeders

It's not a usable forum for snake lovers though .. if you click on the one appropriate section - the general reptile chat section there has been ONE post in the last three weeks ..

It's not a usable forum for snake lovers though .. if you click on the one appropriate section - the general reptile chat section there has been ONE post in the last three weeks ..

Anyways I noticed you were one of about 6 people who commented POSITIVELY on THIS forum on the thread I started in Ball-Pythons. Net .

I've learnt my lesson now and won't be bothering trying to promote one forum to other forums :(

I have no idea why you've got so defensive ... I was responding to the other guys claim that THIS forum was dragging and I was kinda defending you by suggesting that most forums are struggling these days - as that's my take on them and it's something most forums are concerned about .

I'm also not belittling anyone ... I had a look around and the general snake seemed to be out of date ..

As to the stats you've just quoted as I've said nearly all the posts are buying / selling related as you'd expect from a forum called FaunaClassifieds .... You may as well quote PreLoved while you're at it ..

Whilst getting unfairly stroppy with me you sadly missed the fact that I started a new thread on Ball-Pythons.net tonight- actually praising and promoting YOUR site .

Some thanks I get .

Oh, I see. So the criteria you are choosing to determine whether a site is "active and thriving" is the type of CONTENT of the posts made there. Is that it? Classified posts do not count. OK, I get it. Some other people might use raw figures like views and visitors as well as actual member numbers visiting a site at any given time, or number of advertisers and paying supporters to determine "active" and "thriving", but apparently you use other selective criteria of your own choosing. Fair enough. I just disagree with your inferred assessment of FaunaClassifieds as being "inactive" and "non-thriving", when a broader range of factors are considered. We really don't need to agree, I just wanted my point of view to be expressed.

And no, I did not miss any facts. At least I believe not. If you will recall, I suggested that you (really anyone) NOT post any such promotional posts about this site on another site. That sort of thing can sometimes cause bad blood, and I would prefer that not to happen with any other site out there. And you are upset because I don't thank you for not heeding my own recommendation? Well, I am truly sorry about that. It wasn't a slight, I just did not believe it would be appropriate, under the circumstances. You likely do not realize that I have had other website owners accuse me of actively sending people to their sites to try to promote my own sites on theirs. Which I just do not do, but am apparently not convincing with my denials. If I had thanked you for the post you made, tell me, how do you think that would have appeared?

Anyway, that all being said, I really don't think the problem is people FINDING this site at all. I think the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a real good reason for them to STAY here. Over 28,000 people have already found this site. Doesn't seem to be helping much now, does it? Nearly all that many have obviously LEFT this site, too.

:shrugs:

Oh, I see. So the criteria you are choosing to determine whether a site is "active and thriving" is the type of CONTENT of the posts made there. Is that it? Classified posts do not count. OK, I get it. Some other people might use raw figures like views and visitors as well as actual member numbers visiting a site at any given time, or number of advertisers and paying supporters to determine "active" and "thriving", but apparently you use other selective criteria of your own choosing. Fair enough. I just disagree with your inferred assessment of FaunaClassifieds as being "inactive" and "non-thriving", when a broader range of factors are considered. We really don't need to agree, I just wanted my point of view to be expressed.

And no, I did not miss any facts. At least I believe not. If you will recall, I suggested that you (really anyone) NOT post any such promotional posts about this site on another site. That sort of thing can sometimes cause bad blood, and I would prefer that not to happen with any other site out there. And you are upset because I don't thank you for not heeding my own recommendation? Well, I am truly sorry about that. It wasn't a slight, I just did not believe it would be appropriate, under the circumstances. You likely do not realize that I have had other website owners accuse me of actively sending people to their sites to try to promote my own sites on theirs. Which I just do not do, but am apparently not convincing with my denials. If I had thanked you for the post you made, tell me, how do you think that would have appeared?

Anyway, that all being said, I really don't think the problem is people FINDING this site at all. I think the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a real good reason for them to STAY here. Over 28,000 people have already found this site. Doesn't seem to be helping much now, does it? Nearly all that many have obviously LEFT this site, too.

:shrugs:

I really don't know how this all started or where it's going

I simply enjoy perusing / frequenting forums and it appears that the vast majority are struggling traffic wise . The other guy suggested it was very quiet in here and I simply offered an explanation mentioning that soooo many other forums are struggling and even closing down ... there are so many other outlets and distractions ( plus Facebook ) .

When Fauna Classifieds was held up as a thriving forum I checked it out and the 'forum' parts are predictably quiet ( even stagnant) and the 'active' part is the 'classifieds' section which cannot be considered as true forum activity imho .

It doesn't concern me that there are other forums, or their state of activity. What does concern me is the fact that we have a current forum right here, specific to corn snakes, and few are really using it. If all the current members just take a few minutes to tell us about their corns we would be reading for hours. I started this thread to let members know that activity will keep it going, and lack of activity will cause its discontinuance. Nothing has changed, use it or lose it.

Why? Why does it have to be something that has to grow ubsustainably?

It is a resource, a reference. Most of my questions are answered by a search so I dont need to create a new thread. And that is okay.

I will volunteer to take over domain and hosting if it is cost prohibative to maintain reference material. Otherwise, let it be a relied on resource.

I am beyond thrilled that this isn't Reddit where the same question is asjed ad naseum. I am thrilled to be among folks who know how to search.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Why? Why does it have to be something that has to grow ubsustainably?

It is a resource, a reference. Most of my questions are answered by a search so I dont need to create a new thread. And that is okay.

I will volunteer to take over domain and hosting if it is cost prohibative to maintain reference material. Otherwise, let it be a relied on resource.

I am beyond thrilled that this isn't Reddit where the same question is asjed ad naseum. I am thrilled to be among folks who know how to search.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well, I can only speak for myself, but what I expect from a forum is interaction between members. While a forum can be a good resource tool, so can books. The search function is great but only when there has been data, in this case posts, entered. How does it get entered? By members sharing their knowledge and experience, or seeking answers from those who can help. It's not my intention to force anyone to participate, but I would like to let members know some of us are interested in their hobby, be it one snake or a hundred. We certainly welcome new members, but I'd like to hear more from those we already have. If not, I can always go play with my snakes.

How many snakes do you have Twolunger? Yes this time of year gets busy with family get together and presents and traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many snakes do you have Twolunger? Yes this time of year gets busy with family get together and presents and traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm up to 28 corns again. I have more than enough lavenders to work with that morph. I also have strawberries, sunkissed, and coral ghosts. I almost forgot, I am also trying to produce some high white amels like the candy canes. I have doubles or triples in some of the morphs, just so I can choose the ones I want to breed as adults.

Hello, just to jump in here, I'm a looooong time lurker. I am back to the forums after many years (life intervened) and I definitely don't want this site to go away, so I'm making my lurker self be social, lol. I just got a new baby snake to add to my long-term butter corn (also have WS black rat snake and California king snake). Since I've been away from corns, there is this new thing called an amel Tessera! I fell in love with this baby snake and I've had her for about a week and a half now.
You guys were talking about aspen a page ago, I'm trying care fresh paper bedding now because the aspen shavings were a mess. Any experience or thoughts on that? Thanks!

Back