• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I am scared out of my wits right now....

starsevol

Cohabbing is cruelty...
Tonight was feeding night. My 10 and a half year old girl Keeper has always been a great eater. She came out of bru Superbowl Sunday and ate every single Saturday until April 11. I didn't think much of that, since she shed a few days later. She ate again on April 18, but not last Saturday April 25.
She's never had a regurg, and her poos are normal looking and don't smell bad AT ALL....
But when I lifted her hide to look at her...this is what I found. I'm TERRIFIED.
I am calling the vet tomorrow morning.
She will have to go in another room til she's diagnosed.
I don't know what to do! Is this cryto?
Am I going to lose my whole collection?

Attachments

• Keeper050209a.jpg
    Keeper050209a.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Keeper050209b.jpg
    Keeper050209b.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Keeper050209c.jpg
    Keeper050209c.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 368
Beth I hope she will be O.K.
I have never heard of cryto in corns or what it is even?
Hoping everything works out and she will get better.
PM me if you need to talk.

Well, I don't know. BUT you've had her ten plus years. If she had crypto, you would have known by now. One sign is a swollen stomach, but not so huge so fast. It doesn't look good, but it doesn't look like crypto. Looks like some sort of bowel obstruction. Maybe? Ok, you saw her April 25th, and I assume she did not look like that? I don't know, Beth. I hope you can get her in to the vet tomorrow.

Wow Beth, that is scary. I think bowel obstruction sounds right as well. Good luck!!

I agree her stool in the pic looks normal and not bloody or mucusy, but its weird she could pass that amount of stool unless it is just a partial block, but then she wouldn't be that swollen. I don't know but hopefully the vet can get to the bottom of this fast. Good job on separating her for now I'll send some good snakey vibes your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 25 I don't remember if I saw all of her, or just her head poking out of her hide. She's alert....

Bowel obstruction is BAD, and I don't want to lose her. But I'd rather lose just one than all of them.....

But she's the first snake I ever hatched.....

Hope for the best Beth, you can't do anything between now and morning. Good luck.

There are so many things that can cause blockage (or the appearance of blockage) that have nothing to do with crypto. I'd definitely observe her carefully for the next few weeks, but don't panic yet!

Thanx :)

At least since it doesn't appear to be crypto I can breathe again...and focus on doing what's best for Keeper.

I feel like a horrible keeper. With breeding and everything else going on I can't remember if I saw her whole body or just her nose sticking out of her hide the last time I saw her. But her cage was clean, or I would have gotten to that. The poo is pretty recent...

There are so many things that can cause blockage (or the appearance of blockage) that have nothing to do with crypto. I'd definitely observe her carefully for the next few weeks, but don't panic yet!

Dean! Hi!
Thank you for the reassurance. I'm calling the vet tomorrow, but I don't know if they will see her tomorrow. They have short hours on Sundays.

She has not been bred in 2 years, and this is the first time she's ever had a problem.
Everyone else is doing fine...

Dean! Hi!
Thank you for the reassurance. I'm calling the vet tomorrow, but I don't know if they will see her tomorrow. They have short hours on Sundays.

She has not been bred in 2 years, and this is the first time she's ever had a problem.
Everyone else is doing fine...

Hi Beth! :)

I'm guessing that within a week, you'll be wondering why you worried at all. From what I've read/heard/etc., there would be other problems evident before you could even suspect Crypto. If temps and conditions are right (and I KNOW that they are), she'll be fine.

I hope she will be ok. Let us know how her vet visit goes. You and your snake are in my thoughts.

Well, I called. Of course they are closed!
But I feel ALOT better, and I checked her and she is alert and acting normal.

Dean, thank you SO MUCH for the reassurance!
I will make an appt tomorrow just to see what's going on.

Well, I wouldn't say yet that it is nothing to worry about. But hopefully it's something the vet can treat. Why does stuff like this always have to happen on weekends and holidays?

I agree, if she's alert and appears to be OK other than this, then hopefully it isn't anything that serious. Good luck with her! I'll be following this thread to see how she does.

(((((((((((((((((((BETH)))))))))))))))))))))
You're just having all kinds of fun this year!
It almost looks like she swallowed a golf ball.

I hope the vet is able to find an answer and treat her!

I'm so sorry Beth!

I think I've read that snakes with Crypto have runny smelly poo. I'd imagine that if she was infected enough to have the swollen belly she would have weird poo. Let's hope that's the case!

Back