Thread: Whats the deal!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #19
Michael823
I don't think that David being 15 makes it any less of a valid point, and not everyone looks for a political identity as they age. I see the point, and it's not as simple as just clicking out. It is now an overwhelming aspect of this site, rather than occasional discussion. I only check into to this site as of lately, whereas it was a major part of my internet experience before. I can respond to most of the non-political threads in a matter of minutes, and have to dig for something really thought provoking.
It's kind of depressing, and almost suppresses the potential creativity this site offers. I see the need for political discussion, but it is more doom and gloom. Reptile enthusiasts are a problem solving people, and when someone has a problem, others are quick and eager to help out. The political threads don't reflect that lighter side of discussion, and is more of a one sided coin than a true enlightening conversation. The just of a discussion is covered in the first page or two, and then it becomes locked in as primarily a bashing session after that. There is much of the prepare for the worst mentality, but not equal hope for the best. It makes all the difference. I love to learn about new bills, possible outcomes, etc... And there are many educated people here to articulate what they mean. But when the negative outweighs the good, there becomes less reason to stay involved.