View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 12:22 AM   #7
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
Caramels are brownish. Golden's are greenish. Most Caramels are "Border-less", a gene picked up from Rat Snakes.
"Rat Snakes"?? What are those? Other than "Red Rat Snakes", of course.

And I beg to differ, but most of the Caramels I produced and kept long enough to tell, had prominent black borders to the blotches. Matter of fact, I wasn't able to REDUCE those borders till I started breeding Hypo into the line, as well as Motley, and Blood Red. I actually had to work to reduce those black borders in subsequent generations.

Quote:
Golden's have borders and produce Normal offspring the same as the wild caught from the Locality. Borderless Normals produced from Caramels Do NOT exist in the wild.
How do you know that? You have extensively canvassed the locality where the original animal carrying the Caramel gene came from?

Quote:
Caramels are from a Corn Snake that was purchased from a pet store. Golden's were produced from a wild caught snake. Golden's are a locality corn snake just like Hunt Club Okeetees are.
Yes, a LOCALITY wild caught animal brought into a pet shop. Cape Coral, to be exact.

I'm surprised I still have these pics laying around from 2007.