View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
A smooth green snake I saw at a zoo was actually what sparked my interest in snakes to begin with. I was originally looking into getting one, but after reading that they were somewhat more advanced, I looked into corns instead.

That and I have a thing for peculiar oddities. I've only found photos from one person who had a blue green snake, and I believe it was caught and released somewhere in Colorado.
I scrolled through the pics of the blue green smooth snakes on that website and you will see a couple of pics of a few deceased specimens. It appears they used those deceased snakes for the close ups of what appears to be live blue green smooth snakes.

I am the same when it comes to oddities and uncommon reptiles. I am fascinated with them and search out all available that can be legally kept here in Maine. We have a very short list but there are a lot of oddball reptiles on it like the Caliber Borrowing Python(Boa) and Sunbeam snakes. I think fish and wildlife dept allows them on the list because nobody wants them !!
Another is the Blackhead Python that is $1200 to $3000. Someday I will have one.
The one thing I can guarantee with WC oddities (NOT corns, kings, pine, etc.) is that their survival rate is very low! I avoid WC almost no matter what now.
Now I stick with the more uncommon but CBB like Beauty Snakes, Trinket Snakes, Uromastyxs, Frilled lizards, and a few dozen other species.