View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #2
Pasodama
I want to add the following about Dilute Classics.
Not only because they are non-Anery but, also, because observations can be made upon ventral patterns/colors (unlike those of Motleys, etc., who have plain, unpatterned, ventrums).

These are some observations, that I have made, with my own Dilute Classics &/or others I may have seen:

- Borders are thin and are of a dark charcoal, to grey, color ... with some portions, amidst the charcoal/grey, that are black (or appear black).
- There is a high reduction (or elimination) of black, on their ventrums, and, what little there may be, is located along the edge/s of reddish ventral checkers (checkers are more of a "light yellow" color near the neck - with a very small section, being of an orangish <or red-orange> color, where it transitions from the "light yellow" checkers to the "reddish" checkers).
Of what black there is, along the edges of checkers, some might be of an actual black color but much is more of a charcoal, or grey, color.
Edit to add: The ventral checkers could, also, transition from the "light yellow" to an orangish, or red-orange, color for the rest of the snake's length (rather than transitioning to a reddish color following the orange/red-orange checkers).
- They lack a melanin wash, &/or melanin stripes, on their bodies.
- Saddles are of a "cooler", or more rusty/burgundy, color (rather than a "warm" red/orange color) and may, or may not, have some spots of reduced color (akin to frosting). However, a "warmer" coloring may be found (perhaps) on the saddles at the very fore section of the snake.
- The ground color is "light" and can be anywhere from slightly "washed out" to quite "washed out" (washed out = reduction of color)... especially in the latter 2/3rds of the snake. On those that are quite "washed out", it can give an almost marble like appearance.
- After hatching, they were fairly easy to distinguish, amidst their Classic/Normal siblings, due their more "hypo like" appearance.

This, of course, is only a small sample base, of Dilute Classics, to go on. So, I am just offering it as general info.

Also want to add the following since it is said (or has been said in the past) that "warm" tones (such as browns) are not exhibited in Anery based Dilutes:

- My Dilute Ghost Motleys (and some others) have a lot of pink, to their ground color, but do exhibit some warmer coloring (peaches & browns) to their saddles.

In the next few posts, I am adding some more info, etc., on Dilutes.