Thread: Michael
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #10
MysticExotics
I cannot imagine going through that. Every time a natural disaster strikes a part of our country, I think about how horrible it would be to go through that, having to evacuate, losing your home, possibly your family, friends and pets.

We are not as affected by wildfires here, we very rarely have cyclones, and being in the sound we are protected from most tropical storms. We do get some pretty big wind storms, every year (we're approaching that season soon), and while earthquakes are not common, they are predicting a severe one, at some point, and that will be devastating.

We did have a devastating mud slide that killed 43 people, and I saw the community come together as you mentioned. It is hard to recover from, but when joined together, it helps. I know it's a drop in the bucket compared to the devastation happening with wildfires and hurricanes.

We had a bridge collapse a couple years back on I-5, from a truck that hit a support beam. Some cars fell into the river below (thankfully, no one died), and we started talking about what would happen if something caused bridges and overpasses to collapse (relatively realistic with a major earthquake), there would be no evacuating, all egress routes would be destroyed.

Mother nature is incredibly powerful, and angry.