Thread: Sony RX10 IV
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 02:07 AM   #9
Rich Z
When I bought the new Sony, I went rooting around in my camera junk cabinet to see if I had any lens filters for it so I wouldn't wind up buying extras. I normally always like to have a polarizer and at least a haze filter. Particularly with these "bridge" cameras where just replacing a damaged lens will be kind of a big deal. Didn't find what I was looking for, but did find a set of closeup lenses in that caliber. 72mm is pretty big, and I have no idea what I originally bought those closeup lenses for. So it seems with just that one camera and those closeup lenses, I have bases covered all the way down to really close macro and then on up to 600mm all in one compact package. And 4K video too. Do wish it had 4K 60fps, though, as I feel like I'm getting more and more sensitive to motion artifacts the longer I shoot anything 30 fps. I almost decided to pass up this Sony camera and have to admit that it is a strike against the Nikon D850 too. I would have thought the D850 would have had the muscle to do 4K 60fps.

Oh yeah, while rooting around in that cabinet, I found the diving mask that has a GoPro mount on it that I couldn't find for the life of me before Connie and I went to Sanibel.