View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 09:09 PM   #13
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, if everyone gives up, and our personal forums are taken away- I guess the end is inevitable.
The personal forums that are currently present will not be "taken away". As long as they are being used by the members who have them, and they want to keep them, then they can stay there indefinitely as far as I am concerned. I don't have a problem with them remaining, but I just felt that I could no longer justify charging anything for them. Just as it became apparently that they aren't worth paying for by a lot of the members who used to have their own personal forum here. If it wasn't such a pain setting them up and then cleaning up the mess left over after they were abandoned, then I would just give them out to whoever wanted them, for free. But I'm not looking for more work, so I have to be realistic about what I volunteer for.

But in any event, concerning the existing personal forums, if a year goes by without any new posts in them, then I'm afraid I will see no reason to keep them around.

As for "giving up", well it just appears to me that a lot of formerly visiting members have already done that concerning this site. If the cause of that is something that is fixable, then heck, just tell me what that is. But if it is not something that can be fixed, then please tell me what my REALISTIC alternatives are. I am willing to keep this site running as long as it does so in the black and it appears that enough people still find it worthwhile coming here to lead me to think I am not wasting my time maintaining it on my server.

So I am not "giving up" on this site until all the remaining people who still come here stop visiting, to basically prove to me that this site no longer serves any purpose remaining on line.

As should be obvious to you all, a LOT depends on YOU. You all have to show me you want this site to remain. And I am not talking about "Contributing" members at all. I just need to see that the site is appreciated and being used by interested members. Most of the finances running all this stuff is being paid for by FaunaClassifieds anyway, so the "running in the black" goal here is not going to be all that hard to hit.

Anyway, I feel like I am just rambling now, so I'll just shut up.....