View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #10
colubridcando18
Evening .. just thought I'd stop by and say hello .. I too am an educator who has their own pets .. some of which I take to school for education purposes .. but we also have our own critters at school in various animal rooms .. we are a high school and animal and marine sciences are part of our curriculum ... vocational school. We do have a reptile and amphibian room with various critters and they stay there year round as we have students, student workers, teachers, and farm forepersons which take great pride in caring for them amongst other critters. I can definitely see the concern in Maine if you have heat issues within your school .. spent and spend lots of time in the great state.. in Texas I'd be more concerned with being sure a corn didn't get too warm .. I never worry about mine on the cool end ... but they get restless if too warm during summer so I keep them cool and within a proper temperature gradient.
Best of luck with your little corn .. they make great pets and very nice education animals ... just had my freshmen this morning taking notes while the corn. hognose, and ball python kept them company .. amongst others! Critters teach students so many lessons .. education as it should be!