• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2019 Miami Tessera X Miami (Brokk X Henna)

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
We produced Brokk in 2011, when I borrowed an AMR Okeetee Tessera from my friend Tara, and paired him with my first Miami female, unknown lineage.
I acquired Henna from Catherine Turley of Live Oak Serpents, as an Okeetee Miami, from LBR line Miami parents. I love her borders!!

I wasn't planning on pairing Henna this year, but she showed signs of ovulating, so I put Brokk in with her, and she laid eggs May 9th.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the coloring and borders turn out on these babies!

Photos of Brokk and Henna

Attachments

• Brokk.jpg
    Brokk.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Henna.jpg
    Henna.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 66
I should be busy too in early august. I have four clutches of corn snake eggs totaling over 50 eggs. 2 clutches are from a masq red factor het motley, blood red & amel x normal het for the same.; pied sided bloodred het hypo x paradox blood red; cinder x sunkissed.

Next year I should have about 10 clutches of more upscale corn morphs.

Almost forgot I also have two clutches of ball python eggs cooking. Six eggs from Banana het pied x pied and eight eggs cinnamon x pastel.

I should be busy too in early august. I have four clutches of corn snake eggs totaling over 50 eggs. 2 clutches are from a masq red factor het motley, blood red & amel x normal het for the same.; pied sided bloodred het hypo x paradox blood red; cinder x sunkissed.

Next year I should have about 10 clutches of more upscale corn morphs.

Almost forgot I also have two clutches of ball python eggs cooking. Six eggs from Banana het pied x pied and eight eggs cinnamon x pastel.
You are going to be busy! LOL

Looks like a great breeding. Would love to see those babies :) if you produce any of those thick black border Okeetee looking Miamis and they are for sale I would love to pick one up..

I wasn't expecting these babies to start hatching until this coming weekend. I checked on them a few days ago, and they seemed to be right on schedule. Apparently they started to pip immediately after that, because yesterday after work, I discovered that most of them had hatched!!
The last 2 hatched during the night.
Here are the 14 babies from Brokk X Henna :)

HEN-01
HEN-02
HEN-03
HEN-04
HEN-05

Attachments

• HEN01A.jpg
    HEN01A.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 38
  • HEN02A.jpg
    HEN02A.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 37
  • HEN03A.jpg
    HEN03A.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 37
  • HEN04A.jpg
    HEN04A.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 39
  • HEN05A.jpg
    HEN05A.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 38
I will probably be keeping a couple of the thicker bordered Miami Tessera's, and definitely keeping 2-3 of the normal Miami babies.
I might hang onto one of the Amel Tessera's as well.

HEN-06 (holdback)
HEN-07
HEN-08
HEN-09
HEN-10 (holdback)

Attachments

• HEN06A.jpg
    HEN06A.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 38
  • HEN07A.jpg
    HEN07A.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 38
  • HEN08A.jpg
    HEN08A.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 39
  • HEN09A.jpg
    HEN09A.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 39
  • HEN10A.jpg
    HEN10A.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 37
HEN-11
HEN-12
HEN-13
HEN-14 (possible holdback)

Attachments

• HEN11A.jpg
    HEN11A.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 38
  • HEN12A.jpg
    HEN12A.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 36
  • HEN13A.jpg
    HEN13A.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 36
  • HEN14A.jpg
    HEN14A.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 36
Congrats, very nice. I love the thick black borders. Looks like you are starting to be swimming in babies over there!

Once you figure out your holdbacks you can go ahead and set aside the one with the thickest black borders that is left for me :) love these guys

Good pairing. Love the thick boarders of both normals and tesserras.
Did you know they were het for Amel?
I knew the sire was het for Amel, I did a test breeding a few years back on him.
The female came to me as 66% het Amel, Hypo, and 50% het Anery.
I may pair her with a Ghost at some point, to check for the other two possible hets, but I'm pretty happy about the Amel het. :)

I wouldn't have been terribly upset if she wasn't het for Amel, because my focus is on the thick border Miami's, but I won't complain. ;)

Actually more interested in the normal's, but if there's not enough to go around I would probably pick up a Tessera :) I really like the breeding

I'll let you know on the normal babies. I *might* have one available when the time comes.
I would have liked more normal babies in the clutch, but I can do a repeat pairing if necessary next year.

I'm glad I decided to pair these two after all. They weren't in my plans for this year, but she showed signs of ovulating, so I figured I'd give it a try.
I'm very happy that I did! :)

Back