View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
Cynic_013
Help! Young Corn Snake Won't Stop Regurgitating Food

I bought this little snake from a pet store September the 13th of this year. For now I have him (assumed he, don't actually know) in a ten gallon because he is pretty small. Substrate is coconut fiber, he has two hides and a small heating pad on the outside of the tank, taped to the side so he can lay against the warmth if he wants. His water bowl is big enough for him to soak in but I've yet to see him use it (I change the water every three days). I also have some sphagnum moss in there just cause. He seems to enjoy playing in it. There are some soft fake plants in there as well and he is often in those. Cooler temp in the tank is around 73 Fahrenheit. I don't handle him and he is fed once a week, every Saturday. I don't feed him on the substrate. One of his hides has a big enough surface area for him to eat on top of it, so that's where I feed him. The store I got him from said that they had been feeding him crickets, and he has difficulty understanding how to get a pinky in his mouth. He shows interest though and each week he gets a little better at getting a pinky down. He has regurgitated two pinkies since I've had him though, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I feel really bad and it's starting to worry me because he was already a bit skinny when I got him. I can post pictures of his enclosure if needed, or him. I appreciate any feedback 🖤