• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New CHAT room.... (TEST version)

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying out a new script that is based on the previous chat system we had here. Gotten some complaints about the current system dropping out on people, so perhaps this one will be a bit more robust. Hopefully, anyway.

As mentioned, this is a trial version of the software and limited to only 5 persons being logged into it at a time. It also is not tied to the member database yet, so you will simply pick a logon name in order to enter it.

Anyway, wring it out for me and see what you think. I haven't played around with it myself, so any "how-to" questions are likely going to have to be figured out on the fly.

Oh, one other thing. I believe this new chat script can only be integrated with the latest version of vBulletin (3.6), so this site will need to be updated accordingly before the final version of the chat software can be fully integrated. That is already in the works, so no big deal. But obviously the chat system will have to be "as is" until that time.

Here's the link to that test chat system -> http://63.247.91.150:8085/

Thanks...

I know... but I do. I like how you can't piss about with the background colour then have people complain when they cannot see your font colur. I like the simplicity.

I never had troubles with the current room though.

Were you able to get 5 members in there at a time? I know it's not much of a stress test, but I'm curious to know how the interaction between members went in this test code.

Thanks,

Rich Z.

Hi Rich, I don't know if five people tried it. Most people seem to be on between 5-9pm pdt. I was on last night the old chat most of the regulars were there. I'll send a pm to some of the reg and see if they can try it out. susang

I like it. It runs so smoothly on my machine, nothing like the current chat room. Thanks Rich, your work is appreciated!

There are 4 of us in the test chat at the moment and it looks and acts just fine! Nice big print so the seeing-impaired have no problem, nice delineation between one shatter and another, seems to work fast enough...no complaints from me!

i've been in the chat over an hour now and there's been 2-5 people in it. The only problems I have experienced have definitely been on my end not from the chat (ie. shutting and dropping my laptop).

It drops out on me all the time. I have also had a lot of problems with me and calivik everytime I enter the chat it says she is ignoring me and it causes even more problems for my chat but I have talked about it with her and she isn't doing it so this is defiantly a glitch.

Sanebedlam said:
It drops out on me all the time. I have also had a lot of problems with me and calivik everytime I enter the chat it says she is ignoring me and it causes even more problems for my chat but I have talked about it with her and she isn't doing it so this is defiantly a glitch.

And this is occurring in the new test chat room?

Sanebedlam said:
FWIW, that just means that she 'ignored' at some point in time and has never 'un-ignored' you. The current chat will remember your settings, and ignores, and load them for you each time you enter chat.

:cheers:

Oh ya... I really like the new 'test' version of chat as well. It has worked very smoothly for me. I even got a warning that I was about to be kicked for 'flooding' the chat. (Fast typists beware! :grin01: )

Thank you for looking into this chat upgrade, Rich! It's very much appreciated!

:cheers:

Back