View Single Post
Old 07-13-2002, 01:02 PM   #10
Rich Z
Well, this year I had a whole slew of animals that are either anerys probably homozygous for Lavender, anerys definitely het for Lavender, and anerys possibly het for Lavender. I bred them every which way I could think of including to straight Lavenders to see what the results would be. I also have a male that could possibly be a Ghost Lavender (Hypo, Anery, Lavender), so I used him in this witches' brew as well. I also have some Snows that are het for Lavender that I bred together, as I did last year, so I'm curious to see if I get all normal looking Snows again this year.

I suspect I'm going to have a huge number of normal looking Anerys that I am going to have to try to eyeball to see any very subtle differences in color that might indicate they are also homozygous for Lavender as well.

I wish I had some definite Ghosts het Lavender to work with, but at the very least I will have some babies this year to grow up and fiddle with in a few years. I bred several Anerys het for Lavender with Hypo Lavenders this year. I think the Hypo combined with anerythism may allow more discernible details to show through than Amelanism does when combined with Lavender.

Hmm, I thought I had bred Hypo Lav to Charcoal Ghost this year, but I checked the spreadsheet and apparently I did not. I must have chickened out at the last moment on that one..... Charcoal Ghosts can look awfully similar to Lavenders and I guess I figured this would be one step closer to insanity.

Hmm, there is a name for people intentionally killing themselves: suicide. Is there a term for someone whom intentionally drives themself crazy?

This is all like some huge jigsaw puzzle. Only problem is that the puzzle gets bigger every year and the pieces get smaller and more numerous.