View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #5
Rich Z
Seems like old age has taught me a bunch of things that I wish I had known when I was younger. One is, that you often regret things you should have bought when you think back on it, and very rarely regret spending the money when you did buy them. Like I certainly regret not buying that '67 427 vette instead of the '66 GTO. $4000 just seemed like a LOT of money at the time for a car with only two seats in it. Or when I worked at a Dodge dealership in the parts department and could have bought a brand new Hemi Cuda with a substantial employee's discount.

Looking even further back, I remember my grandfather talking about the fact that he could have bought all the ocean front property he wanted in Ocean City, MD for just $100 an acre. Heck, I remember my dad congratulating himself for buying a Gulf front lot in Englewood for $12K and was just a few months later offered $18K for it.

Sort of makes you wonder what some young person could invest in today that will be worth a mint when they get to be 60+ years old. Certainly they couldn't go wrong with buying a home with some land.

BTW, I don't know about you, but I have noticed that buying things with a "lifetime" warranty doesn't mean as much to me lately as it used to.

But I did buy a lifetime warranty on the Jeep Wrangler when I bought it.