View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #28
ecreipeoj
How is the Caramel line different than Goldens?

The Golden Gene/Line will be saved in its original condition, just like in was when Z caught it in the wild. Why did Z decide to breed the Wild Caught Golden x Wild Caught Corn Snake from the same area and establish a Locality Corn, because I talked him into it.

Almost everybody was suggesting that he test breed it to the Caramel Line first. If that would have happened, we would have lost a Corn Snake Gene that has the most evidence of a Landrace Corn Snake that we have. Landrace Corns are from the land, from the Earth, from Mother Earth, just like when they were Created by the Goddess Her Self. Isn't this what we really want, when we say our Corn Snake Mutant Genes are pure Corn Snake?

I do not see anything wrong with preserving the Lava Gene, Sunkissed Gene, and Golden Gene in their Landrace condition, just like was possible with each and every “wild caught” Corn in most of the histories of our mutant genes. If the “wild caught” Corn in the aquarium that Rich Z found was bred back to the Caramel Line, we would know that she was the carrier and source of the Gene. Since this was never done, I went the other way. Not one of the wild caught corns in the histories of our Corn Snake Mutants that was found in a pet shop was ever proven to carry the gene, not one of them.

How is it possible for Rich Z to have discovered and proved out the Caramel line, IF the wild caught Corn was a Yellow Rat x Red Rat Intergrade, but did not carry the Caramel Gene? Did it look like Steve R's “Buf” Okeetee, or did it look like my Yellow Jackets? Did it have borders? Is this one Corn the source of all of the questions we have about the Caramel line? What about the Snow and Amel that was used. Where did they come from? Were they from Lloyd Lemke's Bubblegum Snow Line?

The Borderless Gene does exist. I have proven it over and over, and ALL of us together can prove the gene exist just like We did in the Ultra Mystery Tread. I have copies of photos of every thing you have ever seen on this forum and others, and copies of every email I have ever sent to anybody, so I can prove it all over again, but this is not necessary. The proof is already in our photos.

The Boarderless gene, is the genetic name of this gene, but Corn Snake Jargon Names that I suggest are Cornrat, or Ratcorns. Our Corn Snake Jargon Names need to reflect meaning to those who read it. It is very obvious to me that the Borderless gene as I have described it is a Rat Snake Gene. If you can prove otherwise, I appreciate learning new truth more than anything else. Look through all of the photos of Corns you can find on the internet and the next time you go to a Snake Show, compare how many Ratcorns you see, compared to Corns that would look like a Classic Wild Type Corn from any location they have been describedand you will See the extent of Rat Snake influence in our Corn Snake Mutant Gene Pool if you care to Look.

I have decided what I will do with my Landrace Lines. I will not create a Pyramid/Apple Cart desire for them due to a Dollar Value. Nobody will get a Golden Corn, unless they want to preserve it as Landrace. The Golden Gene is already available in the het Golden x Caramel het Lava Test breedings that I did to prove it was a new gene. I gave them away for FREE, because I know the night mare it is going to be to figure out what is going on in that line. Will we see Golden Lavas from the Ratcorn breedings? I sincerely hope so! If you have an interest in preserving the Golden Gene as a Landrace, you might get one. I will eventually produce as many Golden x Mutant Genes Projects as I can handle. I would hope that everybody that ends up getting a Golden will do the same, BUT lets do it all over again because we can. I can breed Landrace Goldens and Striped Golden Sunkissed Lavas at the same time.

We have a lot of information about where many of our Mutant Genes come from. The Islands off the Coast of Florida are a treasure trove of possibilities to start more Landrace Lines. I tried like no other to establish a Landrace Blood line, with the Frase Blood from St. Augustine. Bloods are crawling around in the area and base upon some field collecting Threads I found, it exist on an Island east of Mike Frase house. The field collector could not identify a solid Red Snake he saw more than once. He thought it was a Rat or Corn but it wasn't in his field collecting guide. We all know what that Red Snake is most likely a Blood. Too bad, Mike Frase had a few escapees around his place and We eventually found Amel and Anery, which was too much for anybody to believe. Is it possible that Redcoat, Redfactor, Diffused, Amel and Anery is in the wild population around St. Augustine? Bloods and Amel came from that general area, as far as I know.

The first person that can prove a line of Landrace Anerys, will have a great shot at getting a Golden. It will be a fantastic simple trade for me. Anybody that lives near where Z caught the Golden and wants to do a little road and field collecting to find interesting Corns from the same Locality, will have a great shot at getting a Golden, and on and on. Christmas Hypos, Pine Island Anery and such should be easy. Each and every Corn Snake Gene and Rat Snake Gene exist somewhere, unless they came from a Super Jungle or KingCorn crossover transfer of genes.

I do realize that anybody can take a Cornrat out into the field and stage a capture. It is going to take more than that to convince me. Doing something like that is no better releasing a 100 Ratcorns in the middle of the Okeetee Hunt Club to devalue the Local. Doing something like that, is no better than taking your captive bred Gray Bands down to Texas at just the right time of year and selling them as Locality Graybands, to field collectors having the time of their lives. Some things are just immoral.

I am give credit for saving the Lava, Sunkissed and Golden genes in their wild caught state, but I haven't saved anything yet. I am the only one working with these Landrace genes, so until other people help me, nothing has been saved at all. I would like to see other Localities of wild caught corns added to my Landrace, such as Naples, Miami, and the Islands off the coast of Florida. I can offer Landrace Lavas and even Landrace Sunkissed in trade for any good Landrace Project to help people get started. Landrace Anery's should be easy for someone to add to this list, BUT I think a wild caught Locality Anery, in a local where others can find more wild caught Anerys would be a better beginning to their history

I love our Mutant Corns as much as anybody. I know as much about their genes as anybody. I hope I am not the only Person in the entire World that values Pure Corn Snake Genes and Locality Corns as much as I do. I have never sold a Landrace Lava for more than $150. I have 17 Landrace Sunkissed (Stargazer free), from 2016 to 2018, that will be used as trade bait or offered for sale for something like $250 each, eventually if needed. The Goldens are not even close to being saved or offered for sale to anybody, and will not be valued strictly for a dollar value.