View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Caryl
I know what you mean, also, Jen. I love the fact that I've gotten to know people via this forum who share my joys, frustrations, and hopes with snakes. I enjoy the interaction with people on many levels, in and from many perspectives.

I too have gotten tired of an attitude I've seen too much of recently. When it's pointed out that this is a SNAKE site, there's a lot of "you don't know what you're missing," "you don't want anyone to have fun," "shame on you," and a lot of similar ranting. It comes across as juvenile and irritating. The commentary is too often couched in atrocious grammar or text-speak, and any remarks about that are often flamed.

Social groups as a way to keep from clogging up the main site make sense to me. I stay out of DYK these days, but that's me. My philosophy on that is sort of live and let live.

I found this site about a year ago, shortly after acquiring my first corn. I learned a lot, tried to share what I've learned, and shared herpers triumphs and challenges through this site. There have been major changes since then. Maybe after the height of breeding season passes, we can get back to those fascinating discussions. I miss them, too.