View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #45
Tracee
I hope that getting rid of (or altering, if it is reinstated) the reputation system also has an effect on the elitism, if that's the right word, and the general nastiness here just of late.
Ok it's only a forum on the internet but being slated for no good reason - and in the case of some poor folks just for being compulsively FRIENDLY - is ridiculous and sad. Members will end up leaving altogether rather than bother with it. 'Newbies' or unregistered visitors who stumble along certain threads will think twice before they post here at all. Hell, I may well get some backlash for this post, but it's quite obvious to me.

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLL1024
The fact, that some one makes a lot of posts, or donated money to the forum. Does not, mean that their advice, is any better, worse, or important than anyone else’s
Absolutely. A new member or one with few posts may have kept and bred corns for years and have invaluable advice to give. When I first joined up it was because I was worried about my snake, and it mattered not to me whether the responses I got were from people with 5 or 500 posts. Just to have the support and advice for people who need it is what counts.

What a sad situation.. I truly hope this forum can get back to how it used to be. Will browse every so often for the time being, it's much easier to just read the posts that interest one whilst keeping one's trap shut

Best wishes to all.