View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 05:08 PM   #47
gardenmum
I did like the rep points system, it did give a "sort of" insight for newbies to see whose info would be best to listen to. NOT that those who are newer don't have good info to give; they would just have to earn points from others to show that they were. It isn't/wasn't a perfect system but it was a system. Sadly it just got twisted out of shape.

Fact of Life: Everything in human nature is "flawed." There is nothing that man does or gets involved in that does not have the opportunity to be messed up. Heck, the only things guaranteed in life, as the saying goes, is death and taxes. I am not eager for death and I hate taxes, but they're facts of life. Well, the other guarantee in life is that we will all run into irritating situations and irritating people. It is how we choose to react or respond to such that is our choice. AND it is our choice in how we respond to the "reprimand" that we may receive. But I have a feeling this mess would not fast be repeated. I think the message has been spoken pretty loud and clear.

I wouldn't mind seeing the reps brought back, but maybe under the situation of only positives as you suggested, Rich. Or whatever way is thought to be best suited. But I am content to go with the flow either way, brought back or not.

I understand that you would not want to be pestered for petty bickering and childish fighting and anything that would cause such an action would not be wanted. I think you do a great job with this site and also it is great that you let this forum be free of the "heavy" rules that you could place on it. I suppose there will always be situations like this arising since there is much freedom on this site, but I hope that they are very few and far between. Whatever your choice is, I thank you for the work and time you put into this.

That is just my .02 cents on this part of the subject.