View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
MysticExotics
2011 Alabama Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X WC Alabama)

Here is part of the Mica/Taz clutch (Tara has the others). I have six of the babies in house, one of which is *literally* in house.

Mica07T (Tessera) escaped from me on 6/30, as I was cleaning (his) bin. He flew out & before I could catch him, he ended up on the floor, went behind the rack & went under the molding where it meets the carpet. (He-I think he's a male) is one of the non feeders. He had refused five meals offered, prior to escaping. (Maybe he knew that tube feeding was next).

I really hope he turns up (alive), but the odds are not good.
I have named him "Indiana" for Indiana Jones.

Here are the other 5 I have.
First is Mica01T (I think is a female)-this one is sentimental to me, because (she) is the first baby I have bred & hatched.
Next is Mica02AZ (I think is a female)-one of the three Aztec patterned babies, that we are calling "Taztecs". The Tessera gene has an effect on the pattern, without actually being a Tessera.
Then there is Mica03N (I think is a female) who has great borders, very pretty coloring coming out & a little bit of patterning.
Here is Mica10M(is a male) that has a bit of a Motley patterning, & this is the one with an "X" on the head. This was one of the non feeders. He refused 5 meals, & then I tube fed him twice, very small amounts since he hadn't eaten yet. After the second tube feeding, I left a small pinkie in his bin overnight, & it was gone in the morning! Woot! I skipped feeding him last night because he's starting to turn blue. I hope he continues to eat. (Fingers crossed).
One more Tessera, is Mica12T(I think *hope* this one is a male).
This one has been a better eater for me.

The theory of why so many of this clutch are problem feeders is possibly because mom was WC (captive the past 4-5 years).