View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
JRLongton
Snakes don't like music?!

Maybe it's just Cirice, my corn, but she seems to really dislike loud music. I have her terrarium in my room where I like to hide from the family, work on my projects, drink, and listen to loud heavy metal.

We left Cirice alone for the first week to let her adjust, she was probably living in a tub and now has this huge spacious terrarium to explore, but recently I've been reverting to the typical rhythms of life. So the other night, I put on my metal playlist, Disturbed comes on, and Cirice flips out! She went from completely still to racing around her terrarium in the drop of a dime!

I understand that snakes keenly feel vibrations and that metal probably unleashes a cacophony of vibrations through the ground, but I was surprised at the reaction. People have used snakes in loud stage shows for centuries. Alice Cooper used to use a BC in his metal shows, and who can forget Britney Spears's sultry performance with the Albino Burm? Now I've aged myself.

Have others found the same thing? Do other genres of music elicit different responses. Are there snakes that like metal as opposed to rap? Vice versa? How about classical?

I would experiment with Cirice, but I want her to feel safe and not be stressed.

Should I buy a pair of expensive Bluetooth headphones, or is this something that she could get used to?