View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 01:13 AM   #34
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac101 View Post
I don't know of many people around here, but we're kind of close-mouthed about the collection. I guess I'm paranoid about getting burglarized if I tell people what I have. Actually, no one, other than a couple family members (and you guys, of course), even know I have snakes.

I don't know if the Taylor reptile expo was around when you were here. We usually go each month, just to look around, and chat with a few people. Snake people are weird!

Kathy
When I lived there my son knew most of the snake people. I had no interest in anything but the colubrids, but I listened to the people chat about their other snakes. There were quite a few boa and python breeders in that area. I don't want to offend anyone who loves them, but I turned down offers of free boas and pythons, just not my cup of tea. My son and his friends tried to tell me how valuable the snakes were, and they named morphs like sunglows or moonglows, or something similar that meant nothing to me.

I don't remember going to the Taylor show, just Romulus and Columbus. Besides snakes I raised chameleons, geckos, bearded dragons, and a host of other lizards, plus tortoises. I usually stocked up on crickets, roaches, meal worms, and super worms at the shows too.